We strive to carry the hard to find
notions that are
needed for heirloom sewing and smocking. These are a few of the things you may
have a hard time finding. There are special gifts for the seamstress such
as brass sewing tools, Gingher Scissors and collections of
Pleater Needles: $2.50 each.
Not included in sale.
Stanley: Regular, also fits the Amanda Jane
Read Needles, specify 16, 24, or 32 row pleater
16 row needles also fit Pullen
Read Pleaters special order
Knott's Dots: $7.00/package
Iron on dots in blue or yellow. 3/8"
apart. Pleater compatible.
Ground Walnut Shells with
lavender: $9.50 a medium bag
enough to do several pincushions with lavender
Nana's Heirloom Soak: $9.50. This is a sodium perborate powder that will clean
your finest heirloom garments., Removes age spots, mildew and
yellowing. Contains no bleach. Safe for all colors.
Best Press Starch
Alternative: $4.60 for 6 oz. spray
This is a clear starch alternative. It comes in a
fine mist sprayer bottle. Scents: Caribbean Beach, Cherry Blossom,
Lavender Fields, Citrus Grove, and Scent Free.
1/4" 9 lines per inch. $9.50
1/4" 12 lines per inch $9.50
This is a double sided washout tape that you apply to your piped
yoke and press it to your smocked piece to line up the piped edge perfectly with
your first row of smocking. The results are fast, easy and
accurate. It will take tons of time off your construction. This is
the answer to all of your piped yoke to smocking headaches.
Baby Rickrack: $.50/yd. Kelly green, light
blue, pink, aqua, bright yellow, yellow, purple, hot pink, lime, royal, orange,
navy, red, white, or black
Medium: $1.20/yd. Kelly green, red, light
purple, yellow, orange, lime, hot pink, white, black.
Jumbo: $1.50/yd. Hot pink, yellow, white,
Featherstitch $1.50/yd/ White with red/blue,
white with pink/blue, red with navy/white.
Shape and Press Boards:
June Taylor Heirloom Shape and Press Board:
$50.00. Can't sew without
it. Bishop neckline one one side and lace
shaping on the other. 1" grid on both sides.
June Taylor Shaping and Cutting Board:
$34.59. This handy
board is great to take to classes or to have for pinning laces or pressing.
13x14"marked with grid with carrying handle and cutting mat on the
opposite side for rotary cutting.
- 60/8 for finest fabrics and heirloom sewing
- 70/9 for fine fabrics
- 80/10 for regular sewing
- 90/11 for heavy fabrics. This can be used in place of a wing needle
using a machine hemstitch. The holes are not as large but the need
for a stabilizer is eliminated.
- 100/12 can be used in place of a wing needle.
- 110/13 same as above
- 120/14 same as above
- 1.6/80 Twin needle for pintucks in fine fabric
- 2.0/80 Twin needle for pintucks
- 100 Wing needle. For machine entredeux
- Twin Wing needle. Can be used in machines that do not
have hemstitches to get the results of hemstitching.
Hand Sewing Needles:
$2.60 unless otherwise noted.
- #7 Darner, for smocking
- #7 Long Darner, for picture smocking
- #5 Darner, for smocking
- #5 Long Darner, for picture smocking
- #9 Darner, for beaded smocking
- #6 Embroidery (crewel) for embroidery
- #7 Embroidery (crewel) for smocking or embroidery
- # 10 Embroidery (crewel) for embroidery
- #10 Sharp, for embroidery or fine hand sewing
- # 1 Milliners, for Brazilian or wool embroidery
- #3 Milliners, for Brazilian embroidery
- #6 Milliners, for bullions
- #7 Milliners, for bullions
- #8 Milliners, for bullions
- #9 Milliners, for bullions
- #10 Milliners, for bullions
- #20 Chenille, for silk ribbon or wool embroidery
- #22 Chenille, for silk ribbon or wool embroidery
- #26 Chenille, for silk ribbon and embroidery
- #24 Tapestry, for cross stitch
- #24 Tapestry Petites for cross stitch $2.75
- #26 Tapestry, for cross stitch or shadow work
- #26 Tapestry Petites, for cross stitch, $2.75
- #28 Tapestry, for cross stitch
- #28 Tapestry Petites, for cross stitch, $2.75
Finger Shield: $3.50 each
Handy plastic shield used for embroidery without a hoop.
Ribbon Weavers: $1.25 each.
This is a flat metal needle that ribbon is threaded
through to easily weave through smocking and beading.
This handy item is used for making twisted cording for edgings, ties, and
Nylon iron-safe Snaps: $5.50
Cording for Mini-piping: 10yd/ $2.00
This is a cording to use when making your own piping. It is small
enough for infant and doll clothes.
Soft Fuse: Paper backed fusible web.
10 8"x9" sheets $10.00
Suzie's Ready to Smock Piping: $3.00/pkg
This piping is great for any construction of smocked garments. It is
small enough to use on doll clothes and infant garments. The colors
correspond with Spechler-Vogel Imperial Broadcloth. It also comes in
Spechler-Vogel micro check fabric and Smocking stripe. The following
colors are available:
Solids: 3 yard pkg.
- Neutrals: White, Black, Rice, Natural
- Reds: Christmas Red, Ready Red, Stop Red,
- Pinks: Pale Pink, Pink, Ballet Pink, Pink Crocus, Pink Blush, Pink
Sparkle, Sizzle Pink, Pagoda, Prissy Pink, Dusty Rose, Raspberry,
- Blue: Pale Blue, Ocean Blue, Watercolor Blue,
Cornflower Blue, Shadow Blue, Royal Blue, Skipper, Turquoise,
Navy, Azure Blue, Banner Blue, Williamsburg Blue
- Green: Lime Sherbet, Dark Lime, Seafoam, Sonic Green, Stream
Green, Kelly Green, Jockey Green, Deep Pine, Teal
- Yellow: Flax, Moonbeam, Lemon Ice, Slicker,
- Purple: Violet, Lavender, Purple, Wisteria
- Orange: Tangerine, Coral, Melon,
- Brown: Brown, British Tan, Kahaki, Nude, Bronco
- Grey: Silver and Grey
Microcheck: Black, Red. Blue. Pink, Royal, Burgundy, Peppermint, Maize
(yellow), Navy, Emerald, Seafoam, Lime, Orange, Lavender,
Candy Pink, Forest Green.
Whip Stitch Piping:
Two-Tone Rayon Whip Stitch Piping on a White Cotton Base: $1.50/yd
Ice Pink, Ice Yellow, Ice Blue, Lavender, Khaki, Aqua, Pink, Sky Blue Deep Rose,
Emerald, Jade, Royal Blue, Navy, Black, Purple, Tropical Pink, Peach Sherbet,
Two Tone Rayon Whip Stitch Piping on a Black Cotton Base: Antique
Gold, Coffee Brown, Bright Red, Dark Green
Rayon Satin Piping: $1.75/yd. Pink, Blue, White, Ivory
Silk Satin Ribbon:
Ivory, white, pink,
yellow, blue, lavender, celery and Ecru.
- 1/8" $1.45/yd
- 1/4" $1.54/yd
- 1/2" $3.10/yd
- 1" $3.90/yd
Little Labels from Jane MacPherson:
These little labels are perfect to sew into children's clothing. They
measure approximately 1/2" by 2". The following is what we have
- Individual Size Labels for 3 mo, 6 mo. 12 mo. 18 mo. 2, 3, 4, 5,
- Cross Stitched with Love
- Stitched with love
- From Mom with Love
- Hand Made by Mother
Mill Hill Glass Beads: $1.70/pkg.
Over 60 colors in stock.
Fray Block: $6.19
Fray block dries clear and soft.
Seed Pearls: 2mm white $4.00/pkg
- Appliqué Scissors $33.00
- 4" Embroidery Scissors $20.90
- 3 1/2" Stork Embroidery Scissors $20.90
- 3 1/2" Lion Tail Embroidery Scissors $20.90
- 3 1/2: Epaulette Embroidery Scissors $20.90
- 5" Knife Edge Scissors: Great for trimming seams and
- 8" Shears. Right or Left Handed $39.00
Karen Kay Buckley Scissors: Sharp serrated edge
Scissor Sheath: Cute polka dot leather
sheaths $4.80 red, black, or plum
Smock and Block Guide by Ellen McCarn $9.00
The perfect blocking guide for bishop dresses or yokes or making
scallops. Printed on heavyweight durable non-woven pressed fiber that is
stretch-resistant. It can be pinned to or basted to. Can be cleaned
Purple Thang: $3.70.
This little notion is wonderful for turning points on collars
and corners. Small enough to fit into tight spaces.
Brass Chatelaine Tools:
- Needle Case: Embossed $15.00
- Seam Ripper: $15.00
- Needle Threader: $15.00
- Replacement Threader inserts: $3.50 each
- Stiletto: $15.00
Mini Brass Screwdriver: $4.00 each
Perfect for Pleater or sewing machine screws. Two sizes in one
Thread Cutter Pendant: $7.50 Antique Brass
This pendant has a sharp recessed circular blade that will cut threads easily.
It can be put on your chatelaine or on a ribbon around your neck. Great
for take along projects especially for airplane safety.
Needle Threader and Cutter: Great to take along with traveling projects with
cutter blade and needle threader in one. $1.25
Marking Pens and Pencils:
- Fine Line Water Soluble Marker: $5.49. This fine line
marker has a fine blue line that washes out with water. Great for tracing
lace shaping lines or embroidery lines.
- White Marking Pen: $7.10. Use for your darker
fabrics. Washes out.
- The Ultimate Marking Pencil II: $6.50. This pencil has a
.7mm lead that is perfect for marking for shadow work or embroidery.
Pencil comes with 12 lead refills.
- White Marking Pencils: $1.75 each. Great for dark fabrics.
Frixion pens: Set of 3 pens,
red, black, blue. Erases with the heat of your
iron or with eraser. $8.20
Glass Head Pins:
Clover Fine Glass Head Pins: $5.50
Clover Patchwork pins: $9.00. Fine
.04 mm steel, 1" long glass head pins.
Great for embroidery and applique projects.
Madeira Cotona 80: $4.75/spool, Small
spools: pink, pale blue, lavender, peach, white, ivory
This thread is 100% cotton. Very fine for heirloom sewing, will blend
in with laces when doing lacework.
Coats and Clarks Fine Sewing Thread: $2.50/spool 250 yds.
Cotton Covered Polyester. This thread is stronger than the fine cotton
threads so that neat French Seams on active children's clothing will withstand
everyday wear. White, Black, Navy, Cream, Pink, Red, Light Blue, Dark Brown,
Light Lime, Lavender, Peach.
Mettler 60 wt. Sewing Thread: $3.50/spool. White or
Ivory. Good for construction with a 100% cotton thread.
Mettler Silk Finish Thread: 50 wt. $3.50/spool. White or Ivory.
Coats and Clarks Quilting Thread: $3.50/spool.
use in Pleating Orange, White
YLI Soft Touch 60 wt. thread. Long staple
cotton. 1000 yd. spool. $6.00
clip on Magnifier: $30.00 This magnifier clips onto your table edge or
hoop. Packs easily for travel
Clip-on Specticle Magnifiers. $20.00 (1.7, 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0 X
magnification). Simply clip the lightweight frame to your glasses and choose
your magnification. Case included.
Extra lenses for Mag Eyes with stronger
magnification. # 5 or #7 $13.98
Morgan Non Slip Hoop 5" $10.75
4 1/2"x 9" Oval Hoop: Susan Bates: $3.50
3" x 6" Oval Hoop: Susan Bates: $3.00
Wood Embroidery Hoop: The best quality in wooden hoops that you will
- 4" round $6.95
- 5" round $6.95
- 6" round $7.95
- 8" round $8.95
- 10" round $8.95
- 12" round $10.00
Frame Sit upon 8" hoop. $66.00. Completely
adjustable. Swivel hoop, exceptionally wood
crafted. Disassembles for easy packing.